How to Clean Your Air Conditioner Vents
Your air conditioner vents are filthy and must be cleaned thoroughly every few months. They seem clean as you don’t tend to give much attention to them. However, the air quality in your home mainly depends on these vents.
The importance of clean vents will be easy to analyze once you experience clean air in your home.
Types of Vents – Where to Find Them?
It is not news that they are in the house to provide air conditioning and heat. They can be anywhere and everywhere. You need to look in every room and decide where you want to start. The vents can be:
- On the floor
- On the wall (top part)
- On the lower wall
- On the ceiling
They are easy to locate, but it is not easy to see how dirty they are. That is why most people think they aren’t dirty at all.
They are generally in a rectangular bar-type shape that has blinds to allow good airflow in all directions.
Requirements to Clean
It is easy to clean the vents if you have the right tools and products available at hand. You will need a list of things as this is a time-consuming task requiring your full attention.
- Vacuum with a nozzle
- Cleaning Brush
The Cleaning Process
If you want to clean them on time and with as little mess as possible, follow along.
- Turn off the HVAC
- Unscrew the vents using the screwdriver. Some can also be pulled out easily.
- Prepare soapy water and fill it in a bucket or your bathtub.
- Clean the grills, and soak them in soapy water for about 15 minutes. Then rub them with the cleaning brush to get off all that dust and grime.
- Vacuum the inside of the opening. This could need a heavy-duty vacuum. But you can use your home vacuum as well. If you want it to be squeaky clean from the inside, consider hiring a professional HVAC cleaner.
- Make sure the dust from the inside doesn’t get out much as this can cause a problem with cleaning later on. Also, be careful if you have dust allergies. This may not be for you as it will give you bad sneezes.
- Wash the vent with warm, clean water and dry with a cloth.
- Place them back and screw them tightly and safely in place.
- Check the air filter before turning the heating and air conditioning system on. If it is dirty, you should change the air filter for a higher-efficiency air filter.
- Turn the HVAC system.
Now your air conditioning vents are clean. So enjoy the clean, cool air of your home!
For more information, please email us at email@example.com .